Convenient and fast search through filters and sorting
The ability to read reviews, which simplifies the choice
The ability to sign up through the aggregator directly
- the virtual classroom can be used at any place and in any condition, so you do not need to worry if you are on vacation, or it is summer and common schools or universities are closed;
- there exist numerous free online courses, so there is no need to pay for your new education;
- you can take any available course regardless of your former education, so you can even train yourself for a new profession or continue your graduate studies;
- you can enrol in the online classroom of many universities, including Harvard and Oxford, without the need to pass any exams;
- you can go at your own pace having access to all the materials of the course and having no deadlines or evaluation systems (which is optional as distance learning vary in assessment systems and have other forms of organization);
- you can easily communicate with other students, learners, and teachers in the comment section in order to clarify some questions;
- as for international students, it is a perfect system to continue learning in the preferred university even after returning to their hometown.
- The University of Alberta provides an anthropological education about the modern indigenous peoples in Canada and all over the world. Students will learn how these people live and what are the tendencies of their development.
- Queen's University has an outstanding distance learning course on enterprise selling. Throughout their education here, the students will know how to become great salesmen in the business field.
- One of the most popular online programs in Canada is provided by Alberta University and is devoted to dinosaur paleobiology. This is a unique distance learning course that covers the whole history of non-avian dinosaurs, so each student gets to know their anatomy, origins, extinction, and so on.
There are almost 40 universities in Canada that provide access to online learning programs for students from all over the world. Except for the programs applicable to school and college students, one can also find bachelor's and graduate studies to be completed. So, each student who obtains a diploma from such a program is considered equal to offline students.
One of the most important pros of distance learning is that one can easily join them regardless of the time of the year or former education, so to train themselves for a new field or continue the previous learning. The cons are that not all the free online courses are recognized by employers or universities, so choose
It is as easy as possible since all you have to do is just fill in an application form on the website of the school, college, university, or another education institution as a distant stud
The duration of online learning courses varies in accordance with the difficulty of the course and the university which leads the course. You can find the information about the course duration on the electronic forums devoted to the particular programs.
The price of each course also ranges rapidly. While there exist free courses, others cost more than 5,000 Canadian dollars per year of education. It mostly depends on the university and faculty by which the course is provided, along with the tools you are interested in learning.
You can rarely face the situation when the university lets one complete the whole bachelor's program via an online classroom, even though some international students or people with disabilities may have access to some parts. Nevertheless, students can pass the introduction of some courses using distance learning
If you are aiming to start your own distance learning program in Canada and want it to be recognized by the officials, you will have to undergo the concerned provincial government and the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC). As with any other educational institution in the country, you will need to prove the usability and competence of your learning program.